“Don’ts for Investors”
– Don’t buy into promotional companies.
– Don’t ignore a good stock just because it is traded “over the counter”
– Don’t buy a stock just because you like the “tone” of its annual report
– Don’t assume that the high price at which a stock may be selling in relation to earnings is necessarily an indication that further growth in those earnings has largely been already discounted in the price.
– Don’t quibble over eighths and quarters
– Don’t over stress diversification
– Don’t be afraid of buying on a war scare
– Don’t forget you Gilbert and Sullivan
– Don’t fail to consider time as well as price in buying a true growth stock.
– Don’t follow the crowd